I often wondered what I would do when someone tagged me for a meme. I’ve read quite a few memes along my online travel. Although I find them to be fun they can be rather silly. Then Bron at Feast with Bron tagged me. I was amazed by the power of the Internet to connect people. I’ve not heard of Bron before. I don’t even know Bron’s gender. But here is someone who’s been reading my blog and I am now connected to him or her. Not just a reader from New York. But someone from London! Well for that I feel the need to participate.
So here is my first Random Facts meme post.
- I love noodles. Full stop! Any kind. Thin or flat. Chinese or Italian.
- We own four sets of dishes: a daily set for eight, an all glass set for eight, a blue and white china set for both western and Chinese service for twelve, and a white and gold buffet set for thirty six. Why? Because I can.
- My Chinese zodiac is a Horse. A very stubborn one at that. My western zodiac sign is Scorpio. I wonder what that combination makes me.
- I studied piano for seven years. Hated every moment of it. Did it just to conform to the idea of what an obedient Chinese son does. I have not played piano for more than thirty years.
- My family came from Fujian (福建) province in China. Our ancestral home is in Jinjiang (晉江), a “small” coastal town of one million people north of Amoy (廈門 now known as Xiamen).
- In the U.S. everyone calls me Kian. It really is my “generational” name, a traditional Chinese custom of family naming. My brother and all my male cousins have the same “generational” name. My first or given name is Lam.
Bloggers I’m tagging:
Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on the blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.